Saturday 22 March 2014

Inspiration from the books I got out of the library

I have pretty much decided that my boat shed will be about books or have books incorporated in some way into the design...
I think the back could be higher for support and comfort especially if you are sitting in it reading for a long period of time but i like the concept and the convenience of having the books right there

Creating furnishings out of books

Instead of using cardboard use books for the flat surfaces or layer the cardboard with pages from books, possibly favourite ones with special passages highlighted

I could just pile the boat shed high with books

Use books to create walls and rooms within the boat shed

this is an expandable shelf. It can be pushed together to form a block or expanded out to form shelves of different sizes 

Comfort. A whole bunch of giant pillows that could be used as seating for observing things in my boat shed

Looks snug and cosy like a little reading hole

Could create a maze with books

I thought the panelling was books at first

Create book towers that form different shapes

I think this idea generates a cool effect, very linear

Stack books as poles

I liked the repitition of one objectto create another 

Seating option. Would use lots of bright colours especially blues and oranges

create stairways to nowhere from books

Could suspend books from the ceiling to create an image or object

I like the curves and its openness and free nature

A swimming area out in the middle of a bay connected to the mainland by a boardwalk. I just thought it was awesome

Fill the room with tents ad have something inside each tent

Inspired me to consider expanding my boat shed by going downwards so there would be space for a trampoline net such as this. Would allow my designs to be observed from the lying down position if things were suspended from the ceiling

Inspired my tree drawing with the books being using as the building material

No comments:

Post a Comment